Monday 25 October 2010

Lemon tart

This is a variation on a MasterChef recipe from this year's Celebrity series, Christine Hamilton made a 'Citrus Meringue Tart'. The thought of meringue on top of a sweet tart was a bit too much for me so I just stuck to the tart itself. Christine put lime in hers, but having only lemons to hand I went with them. The pastry base was delicious, it uses mostly ground almonds with just a little flour. It is moist and crumbly all at the same time, and with a little lemon zest to bring out the flavour I was pleasantly surprised. The filling is simple too, double cream, eggs, and lemon juice. It isn't too sickly so you can eat a nice hearty slice of it, and it works wonderfully as a light dessert. The only thing I would fault is it doesn't look too special, perhaps why Christine put a meringue on top of hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment