Saturday 20 November 2010

Chocolate brownie cupcakes

Continuing on the cupcake theme (the boyfriend gave me a cupcake recipe book for my birthday), yesterday I made chocolate brownie cupcakes. They are actually for his birthday so it is quite apt.

The idea is to make lots of mini cupcakes and put a candle in each. I didn't have mini cupcake cases, or a mini cupcake baking tray, so I made regular cupcakes...woo. I made double the recipe as I wasn't sure how many regular-sized cupcakes it would make, and it worked fine.

First melt 150g of butter and 100g of dark chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. (I didn't have dark chocolate, so I used milk and added a dessertspoonful of cocoa powder to give some added chocolate).
Allow to cool slightly, and then mix with 150g of sugar and beat in 2 eggs. Stir in 50g of flour (this didn't seem quite enough so I added a little more), and finally 100g of chopped nuts, I used brazil nuts and cashews, but I think any would be fine. You can either coarsely chopped the nuts for a thicker texture or finely chop if that's your thing.

Line a baking tray with cupcake cases, I used a heart-shaped cupcake tray for added love...
Bake them in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until they are cracking on the top, don't overbake as you want that nice moist centre.


Eat warm with a nice glass of milk, or cooled with a lovely cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. mmm these look fab! Warm with a glass of milk please. xoxo

    ReplyDelete