Monday 3 October 2011

Butterscotch Cookies

These cookies are just the right combination of sweetness and crunchiness. The butterscotch chips can be replaced with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or raisins if you prefer.

Ingredients (to make approx. 16)
100g butter
100g light brown sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
150g gluten-free plain flour, plus extra for dusting (or you can use regular wheat flour)
50g butterscotch chips


Method
(1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
(2) Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the syrup and beat for another minute.
(3) Add the flour and butterscotch chips to the mixture. Stir until all combined.
(4) Lightly dust your hands with a little flour and roll the mixture into balls. Flatten each ball between the palms of your hands and put onto greased baking trays. Make sure to space them out so they have room to spread in the oven.
(5) Bake in the preheated oven  for 12-15 mins until lightly golden at the edges.
(6) Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Recipe from Baking Recipe Collection by Sainsbury's

1 comment:

  1. My coder is trying to convince me to move to .
    net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on
    several websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I have heard great things about blogengine.

    net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts
    into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

    Here is my blog Jackpot 6000 free

    ReplyDelete