Sunday 5 December 2010

Smarties Cookies

I've had it in my head to make Smarties cookies for a while now, who knows why! I found a couple of recipes on the internet, and adapted them to make my own.


I creamed together 5oz of butter with 4oz sugar (you could get away with another ½oz of sugar if you like particularly sweet treats). Next, beat in a small egg and a couple of drops of vanilla. Add 6oz self-raising flour and ¼ tsp of baking powder. It should form a stiff dough, if it's too sticky add a little flour, or if it doesn't come together add a tbsp of milk.


Roll the mixture into small balls and place very far apart on lined baking trays. Press 3 smarties down into each cookie. Bake at 180°c for 10-15 minutes, bake for less time if you prefer a softer, chewy cookie. My mixture made 30 cookies.

As you can see in the before and after baking pictures below they spread a lot, so it is important to space them far apart.

Before
After
I've realised recently that I am quite a big fan of children's food...Cadbury's animal crackers, fizzy pop, cheese & pineapple on sticks etc, so I'm sure these will be a big hit with the kids!

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious! Maybe you can bring some Smarties with you when you visit next year so we can make some of them here?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I got inspired to get Steven to try Smarties (more natural than m&ms). I will have to buy some more to make these!

    ReplyDelete