Saturday 11 December 2010

Very Quick Chocolate Cake

I'm not sure about you, but I sometimes have a craving for chocolate cake that almost sends me out to the local shop at 10pm at night in the cold and rain. This recipes is perfect for those moments, as all of the ingredients are standard store-cupboard staples. This recipes has been a real life-saver on those dark cake-craved evenings...

A standard Starbucks mug is the perfect size for this recipe, but any large coffee cup will do.
Simply mix 2 tbsp plain flour with 2 tbsp caster sugar and 1 tbsp cocoa powder. Add 1½ tbsp milk, 1½ tbsp sunflower oil, a small egg and a splash of vanilla essence.

Pour into a large mug and put in the microwave for 3 minutes. And that's it, instant cake!! Don't be alarmed if the cake rises over the top of the mug, it just give is a slightly top-hat look.

It's not the moistest cake so I usually eat it with my favourite food in the world  custard.

1 comment:

  1. Looks really good!! It reminds me of a recipe I've made a few times. They wanted some fancy ramekin-type-thing to bake the chocolate cakes in but I didn't have any. So I used coffee cups instead - works great!! Try putting a couple of chocolate truffles in the middle before you bake it - makes the middle more gooey (it couldn't hurt to still have custard even then though............).

    ReplyDelete