Tuesday 1 March 2011

DAY 2 - Verdict

Today was marginally easy than day one, although cravings for toast and pasta are coming in thick and strong.  

Today I ate..

Breakfast
1 Welsh cake (they tasted better when cooled. Low sugar so good start to the day)
1 blueberry cupcake
Mid-morning snack
Slice of apple and peanut-butter chip loaf cake
Lunch
2 slices of feta and chilli loaf cake (takes about 30 seconds to eat, so doesn't feel like a real lunch)
Slice of carrot, raisin and apple cake (recipe to come) 
My dinner
Mid-afternoon snack
1 blueberry cupcake
Pre-ballet snack 
Another blueberry cupcake
Dinner
2 Welsh cakes (it is St David's day after all!)
Slice of my nutty chocolate cake (also contains squash) with custard 

I would estimate I've managed to get 2 of my 5-a-day today, which isn't great. It's fairly easy to get some fruit and vegetables into cakes, but difficult to get enough to make it count!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need some cheesy potato cakes for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! I think I'm going to whip up some pancakes tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do an upside-down cake, that way you'd get a whole thick layer of fruit.

    ReplyDelete