Wednesday 9 March 2011

My Week of Cake - The Verdict

First off...apologies for the delay in posting about the result of my cake week. A nasty bout of food poisoning (not brought on by my cake, might I add) rendered my little head incapable of blogging for a couple of days.

I managed 5 days of eating nothing-but-cake. I was persuaded by my mother, and various friends that it would not be sensible to continue onto the 6th and 7th days. I had a difficult day 5 where a couple of glasses of wine the night before, added onto no real food all week led to me feeling significantly worse for wear.

Therefore, I have concluded it is IMPOSSIBLE to exist on nothing but cake, and if you disagree, I challenge you to try it! 3 guesses as to what I am giving up for Lent...


The Highs
The pancake night, especially the creamy mushroom filling
Potato Cakes
My nutty apple cake, I will definitely be making that again. 

The Lows
Not feeling full, and generally craving pasta and toast (alongside fresh fruit and vegetables of course!)

The red velvet cake with beetroot, not enough chocoate and far too much beetroot which didn't rise



The Ingredients
 

Including but not limited to...
2kg flour
1kg sugar
22 eggs
700g butter
11 tsp baking powder
7 pinches of salt
550g fruit
400g vegetables
and quite a few nuts...


Look out for the remaining cake recipes I made over the next couple of weeks, as well as non-cake baking for the 40 days of Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment