Monday 6 June 2011

Quick Chocolate Pudding with Custard

The farmers are rejoicing, weeks of no rain and it's finally come to the south-east of England. Being a farmer's daughter I definitely appreciate the necessity of it, however, it certainly made my commute a bit miserable, and so by the time I got home I was in the mood for some comfort food. I whipped up these puddings in less than 10 minutes and they were in the oven before I'd taken my raincoat off. They are relatively healthy as they have no butter and not much sugar, so you can enjoy them without feeling guilty. 



Preheat your oven to 170°C/gas 3 and brush a muffin tray with a little sunflower oil (you can use cases if you don't have one). Put ½ tbsp cocoa, 50g self-raising flour and 25g caster sugar into a bowl, stir to combine and make a well in the centre. Separately beat together 50ml skimmed milk, one small egg and 1 tbsp sunflower oil. Pour into the well, and mix until combined. Spoon into 3 holes in the muffin tray. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the touch.
As soon as they are out of the oven make the custard: heat up a 150g pot of low-fat custard, once it's hot add 15g dark chocolate and stir until smooth.




Eat straight away, place each pudding on to a plate and tip over the chocolate custard. The perfect thing for a dreary Monday evening!

1 comment:

  1. The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a
    twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube
    sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this
    is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!



    Here is my web-site jocuri gratis cu masini

    ReplyDelete