Wednesday 20 July 2011

New Challenge - World Baking

I have decided to focus my baking with another challenge; I am going to bake recipes from around the world. After all, who says you can't have more than one challenge on the go, I make the rules here...
I am going to make a recipe from 25 countries (one for each letter of the alphabet except 'x'). I'll be working my way through Europe, Asia, Australasia, Africa, South America and North America. I would really appreciate any ideas, particularly for some of the more obscure countries.
Look out for my first 'World Baking' post coming soon!

Here are the countries I have chosen:
Australia
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Ecuador
Finland
Greece
Hungary
Ireland
Jamaica
Korea
Latvia
Morocco
New Zealand
Oman
Peru
Qatar
Romania
South Africa
Tunisia
United States
Vietnam
Wales
Yemen
Zimbabwe

2 comments:

  1. You probably have lots of ideas for Ecuador, but since it's the only South American country on the list I'll suggest empanadas for there (mostly because I want to see how to make them!).

    Oops - now I see Peru is on there too. I think they like empanadas there too!

    We were at a New Orleans-type restaurant a week or two ago. So - slightly crazy idea - for the US you could make beignets. Not exactly high class food and maybe difficult to do, but they're tasty! Or, even weirder, you could make king cake - it's traditional in New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to do a few countries from each continent so S. America has Brazil, Ecuador and Peru. Will definitely try the empanadas - thanks for the tip!

    I haven't heard of beignets or king cake so I like the sound of the challenge :)

    Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete