Saturday 21 May 2011

Blueberry Oaties

Warning these biscuits contain fat...now I know what you’re thinking – whatever happened to Roxanne’s no fat/no sugar baking?! Well, while these do contain fat, it comes from avocados, and so is a ‘good’ fat. I got the idea of using avocados from my friend Jess (see her post here), and then I made up the recipe.
This recipe contains no dairy, wheat or refined sugar so is perfect for friends with allergies.

Roxanne's Good-Fat Blueberry Oaties


Ingredients
100g rice flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
50g porridge oats
1 small avocado (60g)
1 small egg
50g pear & apple spread
60g blueberries
20g brazil nuts, finely chopped

Step 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C /gas 4. Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl.

Step 2
Roll up your sleeves and rub the avocado into the dry ingredients (just like you would rub butter in).

Step 3
Whisk together the egg and spread and add it to the mixture. Mix well, then add the nuts and stir until well combined.

Step 4
Roll the mixture into 16 small balls and place them on greased baking trays. Push one blueberry down into the centre of each one.

Step 5
Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until firm to the touch and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Verdict
The good news is they aren't green, which I imagine some might find off-putting. I love the oaty texture and the exploding blueberry when you bite into the cookie. They aren't super sweet but I often find cookies go overboard on the sugar anyway.


Enjoy with a cold glass of milk
ps. 63 calories per cookie...

1 comment:

  1. yay! I'm so glad my avocado cookie idea is spreading!

    ReplyDelete