Monday 23 May 2011

Smores Squares

This week I am bringing you a guest post everyday as some of my friends and family share their recipes – I hope you enjoy! I will be making all of the guest recipes in the future, and will report back as to how I get on. 
The first guest blogger is Polly, who previously shared her Peanut-butter cookies, see the post here.


I'm back with another naughty but nice recipe for you (one to break the diet with!!!)
Smores Squares

What you need: 


1½ cups plain flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
6 ounces chocolate chips
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup digestive biscuits/graham crackers, roughly crushed with your hands
large handful mini marshmallows



Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/gas 4. Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking tin. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl. Then whisk in the eggs, sugar and vanilla.




Mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together.



Pour the wet onto the dry, and mix together.




Stir in the crushed biscuits and the mini marshmallows.



Pour the mixture into your greased baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes.



Leave to cool for 20 minutes, then slice into squares and enjoy!

Thanks very much Polly, these look delicious I can't wait to try making them when I'm off the diet...Check out Polly’s blog here, where she writes about life, cooking and crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment