Sunday 15 May 2011

Chocapple Cakes



Yes I made the name up, but they do have cocoa and apple in, and I wrote the recipe so I get to call them what I like.



This is the second recipe in my no-sugar, no-butter baking crusade/experiment.

You will need: 
2 eggs 
100g grated cooking apple 
50g pear & apple spread 
60g wholemeal flour 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
10g cocoa powder

First separate the eggs, and whisk the whites to stiff peaks in one bowl. In a second bowl mix the apple, egg yolks and spread until well combined. Fold the egg whites and the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and cocoa powder) alternatively into the yolks. Spoon the mixture into cake cases and bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Now objectively they aren’t the tastiest cake I’ve ever made, but they are free from refined sugar and butter and only 30 calories each, so you have to take the rough with the smooth. If you aren’t worried about your waistline melt some chocolate on the top as an icing, mmmm chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment