Thursday 5 May 2011

Eating in America

So everyone knows America is famed for loving its food, there is no denying that if there is a food you want you can get it there. (Disclaimer: I have only visited 2 states and don’t know if this applies in South Dakota).
I thought I’d share with you some of the treats I tasted on my recent trip, some homemade, some from a restaurant and some straight from a cart. It’s making me wish I was back there just thinking about it!

An ice-cream sandwich from Trader Joe’s

A trip to Little Ethiopia in LA

Cake Monkey (its actual name on the menu...)

Easter breakfast – waffles, blueberries, strawberries and maple syrup

My aunt’s homemade soup (from an Ottolenghi recipe!)

My uncle made these grilled Portobello mushrooms stuffed with goats’ cheese along with grilled halloumi

Breakfast for dinner at a 24-hour diner – I had the Mexican dish ‘Huevos Rancheros’

Final breakfast in LA, homemade pancakes

Dinner in Manhattan, the best sushi I ever had

My friend makes a lot of smoothies, I think this was one of the ones that didn’t have vodka...

Apple Crumb Cake at the Sugar Cafe, a 24-bakery in NYC

Eggplant (aubergine) pizza at 3am. So good!

French toast for brunch on a lazy Sunday in New York

The best black & white cookie

My friend knocked up a chocolate marble cake just before I left for the airport

7 comments:

  1. Holy cow this is making me hungry!

    What was in the sushi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even remember, lots of vegetable goodness! Definitely some avocado, and apple...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looks delicious, good job I alreadt ate or I might have to go and bake something!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to wait until the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! How much stuff did we feed you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. But what about the peter pan cookie or my blueberry pancakes or the grilled cheese?!

    Also, are you obsessed with the word 'shack'? The place was called Sugar Cafe and then there was Surf Bar! You sure love making things into shacks...

    Love shack, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @jessie Dude there was like 20 more food photos! I had to narrow it down ;) (and plus some of the pics had people in which I don't allow...)

    I do love making things into shacks though ;)

    @andrew And that's why I'm detoxing!

    ReplyDelete